GOOD NEWS! OUR COVID-19 VACCINATIONS ARE STARTING!
In line with Government guidance, we are pleased to confirm that COVID-19 vaccination appointments are now being offered to patients aged 80 and over who are registered with our practice.
Patients will be invited to attend a clinic in St Ives and the location confirmed in the invitation. There is no parking at the vaccination site but we have arranged free parking at the following locations for any patients attending their vaccination appointments on the day of the clinics:-
- Globe Place Car Park – PE27 5PP
- East Street Car Park – PE27 5PL
- Darwoods Pond Car Park – PE27 5PE
- Cattle Market Car Park – PE27 5JE
The first clinics are now fully booked but more appointments will be available soon. If you are aged 80 or over and do not already have an appointment please don’t worry, you will not be missed and we will be contacting you as soon as we can. We have a special team who will be telephoning patients directly to book these appointments with you so you do not need to contact us directly.
When you attend your vaccination appointment please wear a face mask or visor and continue to follow the social distancing guidance. These steps help to save lives
We will continue to roll out the vaccination programme as quickly as we can.
What to expect when you arrive for your vaccination appointment
When you are invited to your vaccination appointment there are a few things we need you to do to help ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Please arrive close to your appointment time – there is no need to arrive early as appointments are carefully spaced
- Please use the car parks available (see above). Very limited drop off and collection will be available for those who really need it
- Please wrap up warm but wear clothing that you can easily remove your upper arm for your vaccination
- Please wear a face mask or visor and maintain social distance
- Please follow the marshalls who will be on hand to direct and support you
- Please do not attend if you are self-isolating because you have been contacted by Track & Trace or if you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19
- After your vaccination, we will need you to remain on site for 15 minutes.