We are changing to a new online consultation portal called Anima on Wednesday 31 January 2024
Anima is already used at over 170 GP practices and almost 489,000 patients in the UK.
It is free and easy for patients to create an account.
Click here to create your free account today
- Anima has enhanced integration with our clinical systems and is constantly being reviewed and developed.
- Anima can be used for routine and non-urgent medical requests and also for admin requests. If you have an emergency or urgent medical issue, please contact 999 or 111 – do not use Anima.
- Your request will be prioritised according to clinical need.
What benefits Anima brings for you
- Personalised dashboard to track your cases and requests.
- Submit a request at any time during our Anima opening hours.
- Your request will be directed to the right member of our team to help you.
- Carefully constructed questionnaires to help us understand what help or support you need.
- Supports patients who may prefer not to discuss their medical issue over the phone or face-to-face.
- No need to wait in a telephone queue or to make an unnecessary visit to the practice, saving you time.
- If you care for others, you can efficiently complete an online request on their behalf.
- Easy log in to check the status of requests and the outcomes of current and past requests.
- User-friendly, particularly for those with hearing difficulties, as well as those whose first language is not English.
- Receive text messages and emails to keep updated about appointment times.
How to use Anima or create an account
To use Anima, you need to be a registered patient with us.
Login to Anima
- Use your NHS login or create a new account.
- Click on “Register as a patient” if you don’t have an account.
- Fill in your details (name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, and email address) and set up a password.
Click here to watch a short video to learn how to sign up for Anima
Submit a request
- Answer a few simple questions. The more information you give us, the better we will be able to help you.
Click here to watch a short video on how to submit a request
We will respond to your request
Once submitted, your case will be in our system and we value your patience as we carefully review and address it for you. Please do not send duplicate requests or contact us for progress updates as we will make contact with you by phone, text or email.
Click here to watch a short video on what happens with my request.
Can I use Amina to request an appointment?
Yes. Anima allows us to gauge your case and deal with both urgent and routine issues. If, after reviewing your case, you need an appointment, either by telephone or face-to-face, we will offer you one.
I have submitted a request, and I haven’t been contacted yet, do I need to do anything?
No. If you’ve submitted a request and haven’t been contacted, please wait. We will contact you by email, Anima account, or by phone.
If we have invited you to an appointment, you can log in to Anima to choose your appointment slot.
Click here to watch a short video on how to respond to an invitation to book an appointment
Can I request a repeat prescription?
You cannot order prescriptions through Anima. The best way is to use the NHS App. It’s easy—simply log in, click on ‘Order A Repeat Prescription,’ and select the items you need.
What about my data?
Anima is approved by the NHS. Your data is securely stored and shared exclusively with us to support your direct care.